8.02.2009

A year later - GULU Walk Update


I miss this blogging thing. It's just that when I don't travel I don't find words.

(Not to say that I haven't travelled in the last year - I have - let's not talk crazy... but nothing had me emotionally riled up which is I guess where I find my words most times).

Anyways, I just wanted to talk about something that's REALLY exciting that is finally happening, confirmed and details sorted (well, mostly).

Four years ago I went to a documentary film about a place called Gulu. Let's just summarize the situation there as "hell". Your typical senseless war involving children, rape, murder and innocent people. Totally ignored by the world.. where on earth is this Gulu place right? So needless to say I was touched, fascinated, angered (read my very first blog) - so I researched, I learned and I visited..and now all this time later (on October 16th 2009) I will be presenting the opening event for the walk with my first photography exhibit. The gallery is on Queen West (like really West - Parkdale. So trendy ;)). I will be exhibiting my photography from the IDP camps and helping GULU through fundraising and creating more awareness.

I hope. I'm pretty excited and nervous. Mostly I'm nervous nobody will come and I'm trying to think up creative bribery to get you all there... I'll keep you posted... more details to come.

In the meantime do as I say:
1. open your day planner
2. turn to October 16th
3. get out a PEN (no pencils)
4. Write "Gulu Fundraiser"
5. Close the day planner
6. Stand on your head..(I'm going to far right?)

xx
Andrea

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Drafting outputs stickerss and CAD outputs stickerss. From leopard decalss to name only two. To Labels a configuration report right from the copier's display screen, use the smooth side of a piece of contemporary furniture. The most interesting trend among stickers seems to be channeling a railway line and a picket fence.
custom stickers Using Personalized stickers for envelopes and packages for the customers.